ABC RMC Working in Coalitions
One of the most powerful ways for associations to engage in the public policy process is by working in coalition with other associations. Effective coalitions can amplify association voices to legislators and the public, as well as allow coalition members to share the costs of their advocacy efforts.
We are a member organization in the Building Jobs4Colorado Coalition. The Building Jobs4Colorado Coalition is a broad coalition of construction design professionals, general contractors, sub-contractors, sub-sub-contractors and owner organizations across Colorado. Founded in late 2008 in an effort to build a coalition around payment reform and construction industry issues. BJ4C is committed to working with industry stakeholders to preserve and build construction and design jobs in Colorado.
Building Jobs4Colorado Initiatives:
- Construction Defects Litigation Reform
- Legislative Payment Reform
- Collaboration on Legislation and Lobbying Efforts
- Annual Construction Industry Legislative Reception
- Denver City & County – established quarterly meetings with Denver to enhance communication regarding public works, projects, payment issues, electronic billing, sales & use tax issues, best practices, etc.
- Coordinated Candidate Interviews
- Candidate Reception for Candidates with Multiple Endorsements
- Outreach to Public and Private entities to improve payment practices and increase construction job growth in Colorado
If you would like more information on this coalition, contact ABC RMC CEO / President, Randy Sewald