The Associated Builders and Contractors, Rocky Mountain Chapter (ABCRMC) returned home from the ABC National Workforce Development Conference and spring meetings in Fort Lauderdale, FL on top of the world. The Rocky Mountain Chapter and its members claimed many top awards in the various competitions.
"Hard work and determination were recognized and honored this past week in front of our peers and colleagues," said Mark Latimer, ABC President & CEO. "The chapter, the members and our crafts professionals, were recognized for excellence in numerous award categories."
ABC Rocky Mountain Chapter Recognition and Awards won:
Diversity Award Winners
EIC Eagle Award Winners
EIC Pyramid Award Winners
National Safety Excellent Award Winners
National Safety Merit Award Winner:
2016 National Craft Championship
2016 Craft Instructor of the Year Finalist
ABCRMC is proud to our all of our winners and continuing our 40 year history of excellence.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL – ABC Rocky Mountain Chapter announced that 12 member companies won national awards during Associated Builders and Contractors’ 26th annual Excellence in Construction® Awards celebration in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
“I am amazed by the scope and quality of the Excellence in Construction projects, from manufacturing plants and museums to bridges and ball parks,” said 2016 ABC National Chair David Chapin, president of Willmar Electric Service, Lincoln, Neb. “Our winners overcame challenges like bad weather, site constraints and compressed schedules. They built it on time and on budget. And they kept their people safe. That’s how ABC members build America.”
ABC also honored member companies for their achievement in safety and diversity during the event.
The Excellence in Construction Awards program is the industry’s leading competition, developed to honor innovative and high-quality merit shop construction projects with eagle awards presented to the top project in each category. The award honors all construction team members, including the contractor, owner, architect and engineer. The winning projects, selected from entries submitted from across the nation, were judged on complexity, attractiveness, unique challenges overcome, completion time, workmanship, innovation, safety and cost.
A panel of industry experts served as the competition’s judges. This year's panel included representatives from the Design-Build Institute of America, Engineering News-Record, the Construction Users Roundtable, and the National Association of Women in Construction and higher education.
National Excellence in Construction Eagle Award Winners
• Adolfson & Peterson Construction, Institutional - $10 TO $25 Million, Lake County High School Addition and Renovations, Leadville, Colo.
• TIC – The Industrial Company, Over $200 Million, Goldstrike TCM Leach Project, Carlin, NV
• Milender White Construction Co., Other construction – Less Than $2 Million, Lenoir Landing Tower, Gilbertown, Ala.
• Duro Electric Company, Community / Public Service (SC), The Action Center, Lakewood, Colo.
• Spacecon Specialty Contractors, Acoustical, Drywall, Millwork or Plaster, Denver International Airport South Terminal Redevelopment Program, Denver, Colo.
National Excellence in Construction Pyramid Award Winners
• Mortenson Construction, Mega Projects – Over $200 Million, The New Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, Colo.
• RK Mechanical, Mechanical, Denver International Airport Westin Hotel, Denver, Colo.
• MTech Mechanical, Mechanical: Commercial – Less Than $2 MILLION, International Broadcasting Center at the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships, Beaver Creek, Colo.
National Safety Excellence Award Winners
Pinnacle, Excellence and Merit National Safety Awards are awarded to companies with best-in-class safety records with Pinnacle being the top level of award followed by Excellence and Merit.
Excellence Award Winners:
• Northern Electric, Inc., Thornton, Colo.
• LPR Construction Co., Loveland, Colo.
Merit Award Winner:
• Pinkard Construction Co., Lakewood, Colo.
National Diversity Excellence Award Winner
The ABC National Diversity Excellence Awards program recognizes members that display exemplary diversity leadership in their workforce, supply chain and community with best-in-class recruitment policies, retention practices, and training and mentoring programs.
• Hensel Phelps, General Contractor Over $33 million
• United Rentals, Supplier & Associate
National Craft Championships
A field of more than 200 craft trainees competed for top honors in 15 competitions representing 13 crafts.
Bronze Winner: Welding – Structural
Thomas Emery, LPR Construction Co.
Bryan McClure of LPR Construction Co. and Dan Sterry, TIC-The Industrial Company were also named a finalist for the Craft Instructor of the Year Award.