Acclaimed Advocacy & Influence
ABC actively works with all levels of government to represent our member interests and the merit shop construction industry. Fortune magazine has recognized ABC’s efforts in Washington, D.C., by naming the association one of the “most influential” organizations in the United States.
• Local and National Lobbyists
• Colorado Grassroots Action Center
• National Grassroots Toolbox
• Grassroots Action Alerts on Pending Legislation
• Issue Advocacy
• Government Affairs Committee
• Legislative News and Updates
• Free Enterprise Alliance (FEA)
• Halt The Assault Website
• The Truth About PLAs Website
• Legislative Conferences
• State and National Political Action Committees
Business Solutions & Discounts
ABC members can access outstanding discounts on a variety of business-related products and services at considerable savings. From Workers’ Comp to fleet services to wireless - taking advantage of these programs could save your company a significant amount of money.
Local ABC Partners
• Payment Solutions - Credit Card Processing
• ZamRay.com - Construction Classifieds
National Business Partners
• FedEx - Next Day and Ground Delivery
• General Motors - Company Vehicles
• Enterprise Fleet Management - Vehicle Fleet Management
• The Blue Book - GC and Sub Directory and Database
• ConcensusDOCS - Contract Documents
• Payroll4Construction.com - Payroll Services
• Verizon Wireless - Mobile Phones and wireless Technology
• Ford - Fleet Vehicles
• The Contractors Plan - Bona Fide Benefit Plans
• Chrysler - Vehicle Discounts
• And much more
Industry Leading Education Programs
The ABC provides an array of industry specific education classes taught by leading industry professionals. Topics include management, Construction Quality Management, LEED© Certification, and environmental.
• Business Management Courses
• Construction Quality Management (CQM)
• Human Resources, Legal, Construction Technology and other seminars
ABC is committed to supporting industry efforts to overcome the challenges and maximize the opportunities associated with an increasingly diverse workforce and subcontractor/supplier base. ABC’s objective is to help shape an industry that is welcoming to all people—where employees and suppliers are limited only by their own potential, clients’ needs are actively served and shareholders receive value for their investment.
• National Diversity Committee & Programs
• Diversity Assessment Tool
• On-line Diversity Resources
• Chapter Diversity Initiative Grants
• Participation in Local Diversity Advisory Councils including:
o Denver Public Schools
o City & County of Denver
ABC provides a wealth of resources to assist contractors in staying current with the industry-related information they need to make informed business decisions. In addition, ABC provides communications leadership and support by working closely with news media to communicate the industry’s positions to policy makers, owners, educators, and the public on a wide variety of public policy issues.
• Award Winning Quarterly Chapter Magazine – The Merit Builder
• Weekly Electronic Events Update Bulletin
• Monthly Electronic InfoExpress
• ABC National Publication - Construction Executive
• Construction Economic Update
• Construction Industry Backlog Indicator
• ABC Newsline
Green Construction at Work
ABC promotes the practice of increasing the efficiency with which buildings use resources - energy, water and materials - while reducing building impacts on human health and the environment during the building's lifecycle - design, construction, operation, maintenance and removal.
• On-line Resources for Green Construction
• Green Contractor Certification
• LEED© Certification Training
• Advocacy for Green & Responsible Building
• Guide to Green Practices for ABC Members
ABC Cares is a national initiative designed to promote and encourage community service projects in the construction industry. Community service has always been a cornerstone of ABC, and each year, ABC chapters and member companies strengthen their communities by serving the needs of others.
• ABC Cares
• Start Today And Rebuild Together (START) - Relief for Haiti
For more information about membership benefits or to join, contact:
Brett McCann at 303-832-5812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.