I am writing in regards to the Construction Workforce Development program sponsored by the Associated Builders and Contractors’ Rocky Mountain Chapter. As part of our program, we are pleased to announce that ABC has established a scholarship fund to help provide financial support for high school students pursuing a career in construction. Please make copies of the enclosed scholarship application for any and all interested students who meet the criteria.
Purpose of Scholarship:
· The purpose of the Bob Piper Construction Education Scholarship is to encourage youth to enter the construction industry and provide partial funding for their education.
Areas of Interest the Scholarship will fund:
· Construction-related fields or professions including, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, masonry, painting, carpentry, architecture, or construction management.
Award Categories /Level of Education:
· A maximum of four scholarships (2 - $1000 & 2 - $500) will be awarded this year.
· Scholarships are available to students pursuing post-secondary education leading to a Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate of Completion in a construction related field.
· Intent to register at or attending an accredited college/university or post secondary vocational school of his/her choice.
· Have a minimum accumulative grade point average of 2.0 from high school.
· Provide two (2) letters of recommendations (the persons providing the recommendations should include a phone number where they can be reached for verification).
· Be an American citizen or naturalized citizen.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2014.
Our association has been involved with many Workforce Development partnerships. There are many opportunities for representatives from the construction industry to be involved with your Workforce Development efforts, including job shadowing, career talks and career fairs. For more information about our Workforce Development program or to have a construction industry representative participate in your activities, contact Brett McCann at 303-832-5812 or email@example.com.
CEO and President, Rocky Mountain Chapter
Click here for the scholarship application