Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP)
STEP - Merit Based SAfety Recognition for the Merit Shop!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum), and your responses are strictly confidential.
For a list of our present and past STEP winners, please go to our Safety Awards
Safety is Priority - With STEP, You Can Improve It
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20 point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Can also lead to National Safety Excellence Awards and Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
- 2010 STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in a number of areas, leading to benefits both when bidding for business and negotiating insurance rates
for more information about the STEP program and submitting applications.